I’ve been quiet this week, though I’ve been posting updates on the Facebook page. Work has been busy and the days went by in a blur. I did get a special project done last weekend. I sewed a design out of felt to display at the top of the blog. If you are reading on an RSS feed, stop by the site and check it out!
I am in the middle of sewing a two page spread for Jax’s quiet book of an airport. It is going to be really cute, but involves a lot of pieces, similar to the treasure hunt page. I have some photos of it on Facebook. Hopefully I make a lot of progress tomorrow.
Here are some Easter themed links for you. Do you think 2 is too young to dye eggs? I haven’t done it since I was little and I’m itching to!
- Eggs with leaf prints! So pretty…
- Martha Stewart has lots of egg dying ideas. I like these CMYK ones, being a graphic designer. She even has an iPhone app!
- Crayon and dye eggs may be a good technique to do with Jax. He could color and I could dip them in the dye.
- I want to make these twist-on-rice-crispy-treats bird nests featured on one of my favorite blogs, Enjoying the Small Things. Shredded wheat, marshmallows and chocolate eggs. Yum!
- Salted caramel Easter popcorn. Yes.
- Baking mini cakes in mason jars might be the new cake pop. Here’s an Easter twist.
Do you have any Easter traditions? Jax is so young, we are just now forming ours. I want to have him hunt for eggs in the yard. I’m also putting together a basket for him. I’m not sure I’ll put any candy in it this year.