2. I don’t feel anywhere near as old as I am. That’s a good thing, right?
3. I’m really good at leaving sippy cups behind.
5. I still hate making phone calls for work, but I’m getting better at it.
6. It’s hard not having family close by. I’m a little jealous of those that do, but I’m grateful for what I have.
8. I’m not as nervous about flying with a little one now that I’ve done it.
9. I can change a diaper super fast. Even when that baby is running away from me!
11. I’m more materialistic than I’d like to be. When I lose a favorite thing, it really pains me.
13. I’m actually glad that co-sleeping keeps me from turning the tv on in bed. I barely watch tv anymore, and I don’t mind. I read instead! Also, toddlers fill an entire king-size bed.
15. I need to make more friends.
17. I’m pretty sure I won’t have the time or money to do all the creative projects in my head until Jax is off on his own. I’m trying to find a balance.
18. I hate cilantro. It tastes like day-old garbage to me. But I might be broken.
20. I’m trying to practice cooking more, but I’m really not good at it. Probably because I grew up with just my dad and his very limited culinary skills. But, I do love to bake! Let’s live off cookies!
21. I run errands when I’m lonely for adult interaction.
23. It’s weird and amazing when your child starts to talk.
25. I’m not sure anyone lives more in the moment than an almost-2-year-old.
26. I am always wishing I could buy myself new clothes and accessories, but I buy Jax clothes instead. After all, he’s the one constantly growing.
29. Time speeds up when you are a mom.
30. I wish I had more time to clean and organize during the times I am full of energy. I find it satisfying. I used to offer to clean friend’s rooms growing up.
32. I’m a little overwhelmed but the tantrums that are beginning to happen. But I try hard not to let them frazzle me.
34. I love the iPhone I got this year. I don’t miss my Droid a single bit. And now that my whole side of the family has either iPhones or iPads, Jax gets to do FaceTime with them.