As soon as I got my iPhone, I started using Instagram. It’s fun, free and lets you make your less-than-exciting cell phone photos interesting with filters. But what do you do with the tiny square photos it saves? While I always have mine set to save the original hi-res photos, I wanted to do something with the processed images. So I thought of the magnets I’ve made as gifts for years.
- Clear glass floral marbles (shaped like flattened globes) – avoid the iridescent kind, they are hard to see through.
- Strong, round craft magnets. I find these in the craft store in various sizes.
- Your Instagram photos (or magazine clippings, pretty paper, etc…) printed to fit your chosen size of marbles.
- E-6000 glue
- Scissors (and I sometimes use a circle punch the size of my magnets, but it’s currently lost.)
- Toothpicks for glue spreading.
- Optional: metal tin for giving your magnets as a gift set (found in craft stores.)